Friday, May 22, 2009

Frugal Friday *Updated*

One of the most frugal things I have been doing lately is not using my air conditioner in the house. That's right, we have not once turned our air on. There have really only been one or two days that I was really tempted. Every year, we try to wait as long as possible, but we usually only make it about half way through May. This year, thanks to the weird weather we have had, I think we will make it all the way. As soon as we wake up, we open the windows and let the cooler air come in. We use a box fan in one of the windows of the main rooms to help, and every ceiling fan is on. I am excited to get my electric bill!

In the last two weeks, thanks to Kraft and Coupons, I have done some major couponing at Homeland. For those of you who don't know, Homeland doubles coupons up to $1, which means they double $1 coupons, for a total of $2 savings. They only double the first in a series, so you have to do more than one transaction to get the full benefits, which is a pain, but worth it! So, here is a picture of what I got in two transactions this week. I went back and did 2 more, but I didn't take pictures of those. *I forgot to tell you the total for all of these items! $15.00!!! Can you believe it?
Frugally, it has been a good two weeks. What are your frugal friday tips?

1 comment:

Leah said...

That's definitely something to "Toot" about. Come play Toot your Horn Tuesday. Meet some other mommy bloggers too. I"m sure they'd love your tips.
www.sillylittlesparrow.com