Friday, June 5, 2009

Frugal Friday

Okay, let's see all of the frugal things I did this week.

First, we made it until June 1st before we turned on the AC! Actually, I broke down on the evening of May 31, because it was super hot and Ben was gone for the night and I did not want to have the windows open at night while I was home alone. However, we actually ended up turning it off just two days later and have not turned it on since. I got my bill in the mail and it was not nearly as low as I would like, but I was forgetting that we are running the pool, hot tub, and aquarium along with everything else.

For the last three weeks, I have made all of our meals from the pantry and freezer. Usually when I do my menu plans, I find recipes that I have 3/4 of the ingredients and shop for the rest. These last 3 weeks, I did not shop at all; I just made the recipes work with what I had on hand. Sometimes simply staying out of the store saves money. And to be honest, I have a tiny kitchen that was bursting at the seams with my stockpile and we really need to get some of the stuff used up.

Tomorrow, I am having a last minute garage sale in an attempt to raise some more money to help with our bills. I have had boxes of stuff to take to Goodwill and the pregnancy centers, but my plans kept falling through and I did not want to hold on to it all for my mom's garage sale in July. I have never had a garage sale by myself (without my mom) and I will also have both kids by myself for the last half of the afternoon, so wish me luck! I actually got Ben to get rid of some of his junk, so that's a huge plus!!

Well, I am off to get some sleep before the big garage sale! If you are in Tulsa and want to come by, email me for my address!

No comments: