Monday, February 23, 2009

Not Me! Monday



Ahh, Not Me! Monday. When I started to think of my transgressions, I had a hard time thinking of some. I thought, "I don't have any, I was a pretty good Mommy this week" and then it all came flooding back!

I did not buy pop at the store today for Henry's birthday party and then put it all in my fridge and I definitely have not been drinking it.

I did not use Bella's birthday as an excuse to get out of the house by myself yesterday and spent an hour at the thrift store, coming home with books for myself! I definitely did not keep those books hidden until I could safely put them up.

I do not let Henry empty the contents of the trash can in the office on a daily basis, just so I can get a few more minutes of work done. That would be messy and teaching him bad habits and I would never do that!

I did not give my son a bowl of mashed potatoes and a spoon under the guise of letting him learn how to feed himself, simply to keep him safely in the high chair a bit longer so I could write this post. Not me!

I was not the teeniest, tiniest bit relieved that my hubby was traveling this week so that I could clean the house for the birthday party this weekend and have some much needed alone time at night and overdoes on House re-runs. I love my husband and always want him by my side!

I did not ground the Princess from tv and movies because she was disruptive during school and then allow her to watch "grown up" tv (Friends) with me so I would not also be punished. I know consistency is the key to parenting and I would never do that!

I hope you all enjoyed laughing with me!

No comments: