Friday, March 6, 2009

What a week!

TGIF! Since I now work from home, I don't look forward to Fridays as much as I used to, although the prospect of sleeping in on Saturdays is always appealing. This week I was ready for Friday just for the week to be over. Last weekend was very event filled, with Henry's birthday. Towards the end of the weekend, some major events happened that, while they did not directly affect my family, we definitly felt the after shocks. It is incredibly hard to watch people that you love hurt and be hurt so badly. The whole week has been over shadowed by these events. It has been a hurtful week and I am praying that the damage from the events of this week can be repaired. Last night we got some good news on this issue, so hopefully things will be looking up.

On to the good events of the week, Ben got started on the process of becoming a volunteer firefighter for Berryhill. He will be on probation for a month before he can actually have any duties. Ben unfortunately, came down with a bad cold virus and has been pretty sick this week, missing two days of work. By the end of the week, we all ended up with the virus and are trying to get better.

Wednesday, my mil and I went to the Just Between Friends Sale and picked up a bunch of clothes for the prince as well as some toys I had wanted to for him for this birthday at half the price. The same day I went to the Salvation Army thrift store because every Wednesday all clothing is half price, and got tons more stuff for both kids. It was a great day for bargains.

Thursday, we played outside after school and then went over to my mil's for a cookout. Friday, I went to watch KK's dance class in the morning and by the time it was over, it was obvious that she was very sick, so I just took her home with me. I ended up caring for Ben, KK, and Henry most of the day, and worked in between.

It has been a busy work week for me, because we are sending out our first fundraising letter, finalizing the website, and I am starting a new training on Monday. Hopefully by next week, we will have some much needed money rolling in from our letter.

Here are some recent pictures to enjoy!
(Never mind, I just discovered I left my camera at my mother in law's!)

No comments: