Wednesday, May 2, 2007

New Dining Room
























As many of you know, we have spent the last week or so working on redoing our dining room. The previous owners had glued a fabric around the middle of the room, along with a strip of wood to break up the wall. It was white on top and dark green on bottom. We knew we would have to prep the walls a bit because as we took the fabric off, it was hurting the wall. However, we had no idea that when we took the wood strip off that the green paint on the bottom had been painted over a couple layers of wallpaper. So a project that should have taken a day or two, then took more than a week. I am glad it is over and am so happy with the results. I love the color! Denise took my shopping for my birthday to a great place in Jenks that is basically an indoor flea market. I found the picture on the wall and clock and she gave me the painting. The buffet was a birthday gift from my mom and it looks beautiful in the room. My main reason for actually getting to our dining room was that I was supposed to host bunko at my house on May 1. The evening before Cadence came down with the stomach flu, so I was unable to host, but it was still so worth it to have the dining room done.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

good job! it looks great!