Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Decisions

I really do hate making big decisions. I don't particularly like change and hate having to decide about changing things. I have been happy in some way with my job teaching preschool this year and un-happy in others. With Ben's support I had decided not to come back to the preschool and to focus my time and efforts on working at the Pregnancy Center and on (hopefully!) being pregnant. However, we had yet to figure out the monetary ramifications of that decision. Then today, I was offered a different teaching job within the preschool and alot of the things that I have been unhappy with, I would no longer have to deal with. They are even willing to change the job to 4 days a week, so that I could at least devote a full day (Mondays) to Pregnancy HopeLine. It would mean that Cadence could still go to Kirk of the Hills, I would still get the tuition break and make money! However, Ben is not sure he wants me there. One certain person has been the largest source of my stress, and they will still be there. However, I will not have to deal with them as much. I don't know what to do. I know we are not financially stable enough to pass up the job offer. I also would rather work this year while being pregnant, and be able to take time off after the baby is born, than be off and be forced back to work too soon due to financial issues. Being a grown up sucks! I really just want someone else to make up my mind for me.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Oh, good! I love making decisions for other people! Ha! Ha! Thanks for inviting me to your blog. Amber, I am really glad you have been offered a new job at the school. I am glad they appreciate your talents and want to keep you around. I feel your pain in not wanting to put up with some of the things at work this year, but the class and all that Cadence is learning is soooo valuable. She is that rare three year old who thrives in school. God has big things for that girl. Give her all you can. Make the most of this opportunity. And regular paychecks are a great stress reliever for young marrieds.:) You know I love you all and trust you to make good decisions. That's just my opinion since you asked.

Denise