Thursday, January 8, 2009

Great Deal Day



I did some pretty great couponing today. I made two trips to Walgreens and may make another one later on today!
Trip #1 (Bigger trip)
Total for all of this was $9.89 (this includes a $1.39 bottle of water I drank before I got home!)
Trip #2
Total for all of this one was $2.32!
I got half of my coupons from the paper on Sunday and half from the internet. On every item but two, I used both Walgreen's Coupons and Manufacturer's coupons. I am not savy enough (yet) to tell you my before and after coupon subtotals, but I am working up to that. I was pretty impressed with my trips and still have some coupons left (Progresso) so I may go back and do it again. Also, I missed out on the Electrosal, but I am going to check again and see if any of the stores have them left.

*Anyone who uses blogger, whenever I upload pictures, it always puts them at the top, I can't ever make them go exactly where I want to go. Any help?

An update on our life:
We are officially living in an extended stay hotel. They started packing yesterday and are finishing today. Tomorrow they will start work on the floors. We will probably be in the hotel a total of two weeks. Its a nice hotel, two bedrooms, two baths. Everyone who works here is very nice and they have a breakfast buffet every morning as well as hor dourves and drinks in the evenings. KK thinks it is the coolest place. She has called her Grammie on the phone in her room, got breakfast with my this morning, and bounced of the walls! I am sure the novelty will all wear off, but I am definitly thankful for a nice, safe place to stay and for good insurance! I am hoping that I will get some much neede relaxation while we are here, along with getting all of my coupons cut and organized and cleaning out my binder. I am also hoping that this will give me some insight and motviation to help me declutter by realizing that we can live without nearly all of the stuff we have in our house. For now, I need to run and get ready to pick KK up from school.

2 comments:

Misti said...

You have to click on the pictures and the move them to where you want them to be in your post. I know...its a pain!

Those were some great deals! I don't think I will ever have the time to really make a difference with coupons.

Anonymous said...

WOW, girl...you did a GREAT job!!!! I'm really proud of you. Especially since you didn't buy too much! I need to use self control and only purchase the cheapest deals. Way to go! Enjoy your stay...it will go quickly. (Callie came over last night and used our computer, so I snagged a few more pics (Bass Pro) off your site. Now that I have this blog bookmarked, I will enjoy the pics and posts on my own! Anna Marie