Monday, January 12, 2009

I cannot think of a good title for this post!

First I want to say congratulations to my friend Jenny on the birth of her new baby boy, Hudson Gray. I can't wait to see pictures.

Moving on. We are almost one week into our (possibly) two week hotel stay. It really has not been bad at all. I am saving money by have breakfast provided every morning, as well as using the hotel shampoo, condition, and lotion they have provided (its actually nice and smells good!). Ben and I worked out a deal where I go over and feed the dogs in the morning and does the afternoon. The problem with this is that I have to carry Henry with me through the gate into the backyard and hold him while I feed three hungry and attention starved dogs. Since I am still having some major issues with my wrist from my surgery this summer, holding Henry for more than 5 minutes is not a walk in the park. Other than this small issue, hotel living is not bad at all!

Since we are so close to Super Target, I am taking advantage of it! I went today and found a couple of 75% off clearance racks in the kids section. I ended up getting sweatpants and a sweatshirt for both kids for $0.98 each, a coat for next year ($5), leggings ($2), sweater ($3), and a dress ($4) all for KK. I was very very happy. I am planning on going back later in the week to see if the 50% of racks have gone to 75%.

I have been considering some goals for the year, but I haven't seemed to have any time to really sit down and think about them and figure out exactly what I want and how to get it. I have decided on one goal for sure: Have an emergency savings account with $1000 by the end of the year. I even have a plan to do it.

Here are some of the other goals I am wanting to work towards, but want to have a plan to achieve them and not just say I want to:
  • Lose weight/tone up
  • Declutter
  • Generally live well (be more active, use less, eat better, make more time for myself...
I will be working on a better plan to actually do all of these and make them a regular part of my life. I hope to have another goal with a definite plan soon!

No comments: