Sunday, December 19, 2010

Creative Christmas

This Christmas, I really wanted to do alot of creating with the kids. All three of us love crafts and I wanted to start some new, "just the three of us" traditions. I am really happy to say that we actually accomplished it this year.

First, we created our own Christmas ornaments. Henry's first Christmas, I did not put ornaments on the tree because I knew I would be putting them back on every day! I just used plain white lights and fell in love with the simplicity of the look. I have not used ornaments since then, but this year I wanted to add something special and of course, create. The kids and I got a book of Martha Stewart scrapbooking paper and our cookie cutters and made ornaments. We all loved the end result and everyone got to contribute. Please excuse the picture being sideways, I can't get blogger to act right!



Next, I knew I wanted to do some type of small, easy and inexpensive gift for a large group of people in our lives. These people (Henry's daycare teachers, Cadence's after-care staff, women I work with) are all individuals who help us on a daily basis and I am so thankful for them all. I really struggled on how to show then we care without breaking our budget. I finally stumbled across this article and knew this was perfect for us. Here is what we came up with.


To go along with the magnets, I wanted to write a note to tell the recipients how thankful we are to have them in our lives. Over the last couple of years, I have accumulated a ton of Christmas cards. However, they have disappeared since we moved! So instead of buying cards, we made some with our left over scrapbook paper and cookie cutters.

We also did a couple of baking projects!

No comments: