Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Things to Remember

Here are some of the cute things the kids are doing right now that I know I may not remember later:
  • Henry has a speech delay, so instead of being at a 2 1/2 level, he is at between an 18 months and 2 year old level. One of the areas he struggles with are pronouns. So when he wants me to hold him, he asks "I hold you?". He also adds his name on top of the pronouns when he does use them. The other morning, Henry caught Chandler (our terrier) sleeping on his bed. His response: "Chandler, get off my Henry's bed." Its so stinkin' cute!
  • When we get home for the evening, I put my pajamas (some combo of sweats and a shirt) and Cadence will come and ask me what I am wearing, so that she can put on similar clothes. Then she goes through all of her stuff to find what matches my comfy clothes as closely as possible.
  • Tonight, Henry kept yelling for something and I could not figure out what he was asking for. Honestly, it sounded like he was saying "my bitchy"! Finally Cadence came running in because she knew exactly what he was asking for, his fishy.
  • Cadence grew up calling my sister "Sissy", thanks to my grandma getting confused about which of us she was talking to! It was confusing for Henry because he calls Cadence "Sissy". So, now he has started calling my sister "Sissy Livia".
  • Henry calls his mittens his "soccers" because he wears them to Cadence's soccer games. When I picked him up from daycare the other day, he saw an airplane in the sky. He then started asking the airplane, "Land in my soccers?" and holding his hand out!

1 comment:

Misti said...

Aw, I love it! How sweet!