Saturday, April 4, 2009

Missing in Action

Yes, I have been missing in action. I was finally getting some organization and rhythm to my blogging, and then life came and it was gone! Here are some numbers to give you an idea of how busy we have been the last two weeks:
Trips to Walgreens: 8
Doctor's Appts: 3
Volunteer Trainings: 3
Conference Calls: 3
Firefighter trainings: 4
Birthday parties: 2
Cheerleading tryouts: 1
Wedding Shower: 1
Trips to Target: 4
Trips to Border's (Twilight obsession): 2
To BOK Center: 2
Trips to Owasso (for JBF Sale): 2
Books read: 3 (Twilight series)

Wow. Now, this may seem like a normal couple of weeks for some of you. Its not at all normal for me. First of all, now that I work from home, I just don't drive that much. Since I am not already out, or in a certain area, I really re-consider my trips to the store and such before I go. I make sure there are more than just one or two goo deals before I make a trip to the store. In fact, thanks to my coupon stockpile (and tiny kitchen with no cabinet space) I have not been to Wal-mart (Neighborhood Market, my main grocery store) in over a week! I am happy about this, because I am trying to use some of our stockpiles because our kitchen is bursting at the seams.

The amount of doctor's visits were definitely not normal. All three trips were in one week. First, Henry had his one year check up, where he received 5 shots and had blood drawn. Two days later, Cadence had a check up for her perforated eardrum. That same evening Henry came down with a 103.3 fever (too late to be caused by the vaccines) and was miserable. I took him to the doctor the next morning, where they discovered he had double ear infections. He was also mildly dehydrated from such a high fever and from feeling bad. Unfortunately to make sure he got enough fluids, we had to give up weaning (we had two nights down!) because he drinks so much better from a bottle, to make sure he got re-hydrated. The day after his appointment, he started dripping from his eyes and mouth, so I gave him some of his as needed allergy medicine and if it is not better on Monday, we will call the doctor. He also has a follow up visit next week from his ear infection. You can always tell when Henry is sick because it changes his personality so much. Normally, he is a smiley, non cuddling baby who is too busy to stop and is a voracious eater. Sick Henry falls asleep while I am holding him (which he has not done since he was 6 weeks old!), never smiles, rarely eats, and only wants to be held. He is getting a little better, but is definitely not back to his normal self.
So, in a nutshell, these are all the things that have been going on that have caused me to be MIA. I am back. Thanks for your patience.

No comments: