Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Bunco

Tonight was the first night of my new bunco group. If you know me in person, you know I like to be bossy and am so excited to be "in charge" of the bunco group! One of my bff's, Holly and I decided to put a group together and we some how managed to get 12 great girls, some married, some single, some childless, some blessed with children, and all different careers. We also managed to make sure that there is not a large group of friends/colleagues in the group. Before tonight, there was not a single person who knew everybody. In my last group, 7 of the girls worked together or were close friends, and they kinda dominated the group. It ended up being not very fun!
We had so much fun tonight. About half of the girls had never played before, and one of the newbies won 3 different prizes! I hosted the first month, so I had a good excuse to do the cleaning I never do until I am having company (cleaning the baseboards, dusting, wiping down walls, etc.). Since my husband is about to start back to school and will be gone alot, I am trying to make sure I have some regular activities with other women. I have a tendency to stay isolated, because I work from home, and I will realize after a couple of days that I have had zero social interaction! I have also joined a book club that I am really excited about! Over the next 4-5 months, I am also going to work on forming deeper relationships with some of my friends. Not all of my close friends have children, so its harder to get together.
I would love to hear from other work at home or stay at home moms or even work away from home moms about how they keep up their friendships and social interactions! Leave a comment and I will get back to you!

1 comment:

Jenny @ jennycollier.com said...

bunco sounds like fun. you'll have to let me know if you have another opening.

i tend to isolate myself as well when i'm not busy with work and family.