Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Fall Break






Last week was Fall Break for TPS so Cadence was off Thursday and Friday. I took those days off too so we could spend sometime together. Here is an overview of our 4 day weekend:
Wednesday night

My little sis came over to spend the night with us and also to get her belly button pierced. I went with her and mom to do that. I don't think she expected it to hurt so much!
Thursday
Cadence and I had eye doctor appointments in the morning. KK's school had done a screening and suggested she have her eyes checked. Sure enough she has an astigmatism and is near sighted. I was kinda bummed she needed glasses at such a young age and also that she has my bad eye sight. The doctor said her nearsightedness will only get worse with age, as mine has done. However, I am thankful to get the glasses now instead of in having problems learning to read. She loves her glasses and looks great in them. It really looks like she was always meant to have glasses, like her face was waiting on them! After about an hour, she took them off for a minute and was having to squint to see, so I know they must be helping her. After the eye doctor, we went and got Henry and Liv and met Ben at McAllisters for lunch. Then Liv, KK, Henry, and I went to my favorite thrift store and found 15 items for the kids, 8 books, and one toy for $46! We then drove Liv back to C-more for a football game, stopped by mom's store to see her and headed back to Tulsa. As soon as we got back to town, I got the kids ready and picked up Ben and we all headed out to Oktoberfest.
Friday
I actually slept in a little bit, which was amazing! My goals for the day were to clean house, do laundry, and grocery shop. We decided to meet Ben for lunch, but he got caught up and after wasting two hours, we finally ate chinese at home. I spent the rest of the day cleaning and laundry (no groceries :( ). As soon as Ben got off, he headed out to Oktoberfest to work. I enjoyed the quiet and put the kids to bed early and relaxed.
Saturday
The kids and I joined Katie and her family at the Carmicheal's pumpkin patch. This was a really great one; KK and will got to ride a camel! That evening the 4 of us went to a friend's house for a birthday party.
Sunday
Our family along with mom and Liv went out to Oktoberfest for the last time. Mom and Liv had never been and they both had a lot of fun.

Today I am headed out of town for a women's retreat with my sis and mother in law. I am very excited for the retreat. I have not been out of town without both of the kids or without Ben since Henry was born. I can't wait to fellowship, nap, and just relax. And not cook!




No comments: