Wednesday, August 8, 2007

4

My darling daughter acts like she is 4 years old. Yes, she is only 3 1/2 but lately, she sure sounds and acts like a 4 year old. Her speech is becoming more articulated and she is using very mature words. The other day while talking to my mother in law, she used the word "speak" instead of "talk". This morning her heightened maturity bordered on attitude. I passed by the bathroom as she was finishing and reminded her to wash her hands. She replied, "Momma, you just don't need to worry about this, you just go in the living room and leave me alone". When I proceeded to explain that we have to wash our hands, I was met with her new phrase of the month, "That's not fair!". Seriously, does that sound like a three year old?

On the other home fronts, I have entered the world of maternity clothing, elastic waste bands and baby doll shirts. After your first pregnancy, it is like your body knows when you are pregnant and your stomach muscles just stop working! I am ready for the first trimester to be over for many reasons. I will feel a great sense of accomplishment and security when I hit 12 weeks. God is good to us and has blessed us with this third pregnancy. After a miscarriage you never view pregnancy the same, which is kind of a curse. I am just thankful to be pregnant again. Thanks to all of you out there for your prayers and well wishes!

No comments: