Monday, July 16, 2007

Friends?

This weekend an incident happened that left me feeling incredibly betrayed and in shock at how I was treated by two of my close friends. I am not sure if either of them read this, but I will keep the details at a minimum to protect their privacy. I would like to think that this was a misunderstanding, but when no one answers your calls or returns them, you realize that you are being avoided for a reason. I was and am terribly upset, I have been friends with these two a long time and I gave up something very important (tickets to go see Jerry Lee Lewis) in order to be with them. Then I was ditched and I turned down many other plans for this one event. It has been a long time since a friend has hurt me as bad as this did. If you guys are reading this, I am incredibly hurt and confused. If it was a misunderstanding, then you should have answered my calls or called me back. I am not sure where to go with this, especially because with one of these girls, this is not the first time and I feel like I have gone out of my way to try to do things with her, only to get hurt. I think I am done reaching out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was blown off this weekend as well. And by a friend I've been friends with since preschool. When I wasn't getting my calls answered, I drove by her house and recognized some of her friends cars out front. I'm not going to lie and say I wouldn't have been upset if she called and cancelled on me - but at least I could have made new plans.

I know where you're coming from